By registering for KidGooRoo, you agree to accept this use of your data. Alternatively, you may select “Set my preferences” to accept (or reject) specific categories of data processing.
“KidGooRoo®” means the features and services we make available through the KidGooRoo website (including sub-domains, widgets and mobile versions) and other media, software, devices or networks now existing or developed in the future.
“Information” means facts and other information about you.
“Website” refers to www.kidgooroo.com and the KidGooRoo website.
The words “we” and “us” and “our” refer to KidGooRoo LLC, a New Jersey limited liability company. “KidGooRoo” may also refer to KidGooRoo LLC.
“You” and “your” refer to users of the KidGooRoo website.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
- Account Information: If you create an account on KidGooRoo, we will store and use your full name, email address, zip code, and other Information you may provide, such as your gender and birth date. The “display name” you choose will be publicly displayed as part of your account profile. You can modify some of the Information associated with your account in account settings. If you believe that someone has created an unauthorized account with your personal information or your likeness, you can request its removal by contacting KidGooRoo at email@example.com.
- Public Content: Non-personally identifiable information, such as your reviews, tips, photos, videos, comments, likes, talk posts, events, bookmarks, friends, lists, compliments, and display name will be public, and may be shared with our business partners or distributed to a wider audience through third-party websites.
- Contacts: You can invite friends to join KidGooRoo by providing us with their contact information, or by allowing us to access your contacts from your computer, mobile device, or third-party sites to select the friends you want to invite. If you allow us to access your contacts, we will transmit that information to KidGooRoo and store it long enough to process your invitations.
- Communications: When you sign up for an account or use certain features, you are opting to receive messages from other KidGooRoo users, business partners and KidGooRoo. You can manage some of your messaging preferences in account settings, but note that you cannot opt out of receiving certain administrative, transactional or legal messages from KidGooRoo. We may also track your actions in response to the messages you receive from KidGooRoo to learn whether you deleted, opened or forwarded such messages. If you exchange messages with others through the KdGooRoo, we will store them in order to process and deliver them and allow you to manage them, and we may review and disclose them in connection with investigations related to the operation and use of KidGooRoo. We may not deliver messages that we believe are objectionable, such as spam messages or requests to exchange reviews for compensation. If you are a representative of a business listed on KGR, we may contact you, including by phone or email, using the contact information you provide us, or make publicly available.
- Activity: We store information about your use of the Service, such as your search activity, the pages you view and the date and time of your visit. We also store information that your computer or mobile device provides to us in connection with your use of the Service, such as your browser type, type of computer or mobile device, browser language, IP address, mobile carrier, phone number, unique device identifier, advertising identifier, location (including geolocation, beacon-based location, and GPS location), and requested and referring URLs. You may be able to disallow our use of certain location data through your device or browser settings, for example by disabling “Location Services” for the KidGooRoo application in iOS privacy settings.
“Preference cookies” will remember what you like, and we use this information to make KidGooRoo® a friendlier user experience.
“Authentication cookies” ensure that you are who you say you are. This protects you, fellow users and KidGooRoo.
“Analytics cookies” store information so that we can monitor and understand the ways in which visitors use KidGooRoo.
“Notification cookies” allow or prevent notices about information or options that we think could improve your use of the Service. For example, we use a Cookie that stops us from showing you the signup notification if you have already seen it.
- Managing Cookies: You may be able to disable some (but not all) cookies through your device or browser settings, but doing so may affect the functionality of the website. The method for disabling cookies may vary by device and browser, but can usually be found in preferences or security settings. For example, iOS and Android devices each have settings that are designed to limit forms of ad tracking. Note that changing any of these settings will not prevent the display of advertisements to you.
- Service Providers: We rely on third-party providers to support or provide some of the services that are available through KidGooRoo®. We also rely on third-party providers to perform certain services for us in connection with your use of our website, such as communications and hosting services, network security, technical and customer support, tracking and reporting functions, quality assurance testing, payment processing, our own marketing of KidGooRoo, and other functions. We share Information from or about you with these third-party providers so that they can perform their services or complete your requests. These third-party providers may share Information with us that they obtain from or about you in connection with providing their services or completing your requests. Third-party providers may also share this Information with their subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control.
- Aggregate Information: We share anonymized user information in the aggregate with third parties, such as advertisers and content distributors. For example, we may disclose the number of users that have been exposed to, or clicked on, advertisements.
- KidGooRoo Business Partners: We share Information from or about you (such as your age and gender), your devices, and your use of the Service (such as which businesses you bookmark or call) with our business partners listed on KidGooRoo. You may adjust your settings to increase or decrease the amount of information we share. Keep in mind that businesses may receive information about your transactions with them, regardless of your settings.
- Investigations: We may investigate and disclose Information from or about you if we have a good faith belief that such investigation or disclosure (i) is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process and law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on us; (ii) is helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the use of our website; or (iii) protects our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users, affiliates, or the public, such as disclosures in connection with our Consumer Alerts program. If you flag or otherwise complain to KidGooRoo about Content on the website, we may share the substance of your complaint with the contributor of that Content in order to provide an opportunity for the contributor to respond.
- Links: KidGooRoo may contain links to unaffiliated third-party websites. Except as set forth herein, we do not share your personal information with the owners or operators of these websites. We suggest you read the privacy policies on or applicable to all such third-party websites.
- Managing Your Personally Identifiable Information: Other users may be able to identify you, or associate you with your account, if you include personally identifiable information in the content you post publicly. You can reduce the chance that you will be personally identified by using KidGooRoo by not including personally identifiable information in your public posts, and using only your display name when you comment or post. Remember that the messages you send or receive using KidGooRoo® are private only to the extent that both you and the person you are communicating with keep them private. For example, if you send a message to another user, that user may choose to publicly post it. KidGooRoo may access and disclose messages in the course of investigations relating to use of our website.
DATA RETENTION AND ACCOUNT TERMINATION
KidGooRoo is intended for general audiences and is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information without parental consent, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to KidGooRoo, both during and after transmission. However, no method of transmission via the Internet, regardless of the device used for such transmission, or any method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially reasonable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.